Introducing a passenger changes the dynamics of the relationship between motorcycle and rider. It affects suspension, handling and the amount of luggage you can carry. Over and above that, you’ve created a team. Group rides Larger teams form during group rides.
As soon as you have more than a solo rider on a motorcycle, effective relationships play an even greater role in creating a safe atmosphere that’s fun for everyone. Although it takes commitment, work and discipline to create and manage, the effort is worth it.
People come and go in your lives, joining you for different parts of your journey. Each has something to teach you and something to contribute, whether it’s difficult or not. Your challenge is to appreciate the gifts they bring without losing focus on where you’re going.
9 Principles of Team Building
1. Unity of Purpose. Members join the group because they want to share the destination, journey or the group culture. Essential as a baseline, clarifying values and establishing goals at the outset, can avert trouble down the road. If you don’t want to travel to the same destination as the others, or in the manner in which they ride, it’s time to find another group. Or go solo.
Read the rest of this entry »
What I aim to achieve in this article is to demonstrate why I feel it is important for a control system to be linked to an organisations overall strategy. In doing so, I will analyse the question and seek to challenge, and justify my views on the subject. I will attempt to draw from my own experiences and examples as supporting evidence.
The question presupposes that an organisation should have an overall strategy in the first place. The role of a strategy in simple terms is a broad statement about the organisations goals, and direction. This function provides the what? The purpose of strategy planning describes the how? This is a plan of action and activities for attainment of those organisational goals. Dell computers for example wanted to do something different to its competitors. Their strategy was to sell directly to the end user, circumventing the middlemen.
In a dynamic environment strategy must be adaptive and appropriate to the organisations needs. To remain competitive, companies develop strategies that “focus on core competencies” develop synergy and create value for customers.
There are a number of different strategies an organisation could adopt. What is important is that they select one that fits comfortably within their culture. The final element is a control system, which make up Strategy, Planning and Control systems.
Read the rest of this entry »
An online retail store can open gates to immense opportunities. By making use of an ecommerce platform your business can reach people all around the world in no time, without the cost of call centres and mails. Your online store can stay open round the clock without the assistance of any staff. Making use of all these opportunities can help you grow your business by leaps and bounds.
Ecommerce providers can give you many facilities that will help you enhance your online retail store. However, there are certain mistakes that are very common while designing e-commerce platform suitable for your business. Some of the common mistakes are:
• Since you are operating an online store your customer cannot hold the object or try it on before purchasing it. Therefore you need to provide your customer with as much information about the product as you can, so that they can easily take the decision after reading the product’s description.
• Provide your customer with contact details and make them visible on your site. Incomplete contact details, or details that the customer cannot find easily will make you lose his trust. Make sure that all your details are clear so that your customers know who they are dealing with.
• Having a long paying process is also going to put off your customers. The more complicated and long the process is, the more likely it is that the customer will not complete the purchase.
• Requiring an account before a customer can complete his purchase is another hurdle in your customer’s way. If they do not have an account on your site, let them purchase items as guests.
• E-commerce platforms should provide an efficient search engine on your site so that customers can easily find what they are looking for. Ask your e-commerce providers to add filters in your online retail store search engine to make it easier for your customers to search for the specific items that they are looking for.
Trundle beds are one of the oldest styles of beds used throughout history. Our great-grandparents’ parents could very well have had several in their homes. When individual children’s rooms were considered a waste of precious space, the one bedroom would have been outfitted with a trundle to accommodate the children. It should be mentioned that with the trundle extended, the bed went wall to wall.
If you plan to use a trundle, measure the area that you plan to allow for the bed to be used with the trundle section pulled out fully. Even though you may plan to use the under section for guests, the space required will not change. You may need to rearrange the room to make allowances for the full optional footprint. Trundle beds can be set up to be the same height as the main in order to create a king sized bed when they are placed together. In this case, you may choose to use the child’s bed as the alternative sleeping quarters for visiting grandparents or aunts and uncles.
If you have two children of the same gender but one is a toddler and the other in school, the trundle is an excellent option for them. Toddlers are not safe in bunk beds and even though you might tell one that they are not allowed to climb to the top, they will. The trundle section of a bed, however, is low enough to the ground when not extended upward for a toddler to use safely. The two beds will be match and still provide an individual appeal. Many people use a foam mattress for the bottom section, which has enough support for a toddler to sleep on consistently. The upper portion uses a regular mattress for your older child. Trundles will last children for five or six years without difficulty.
Any filmmaker will tell you that getting film finance is a headache. However, it doesn’t have to be, at least not when you know how to woo in your investor. Before you can approach an investor, you need to first ensure that you do your research. Most if not all film investors are already wealthy. Some don’t even expect to get returns on their investment although they obviously will not tell you that. However, words like tax write-offs would get their attention. You must be crafty if you can convince your investor that they will get a tax break by investing in your film and even end up making extra money when the film takes off then your deal looks even more attractive. Remember that the wealthy pay more taxes; they don’t like it and would rather spend that money on you.
Another way you can get film finance is by making them a deal that is unique to them. The most difficult investment to get is the first one and this is because no one wants to be the first investor. However, no one minds chipping in after others have done it because there is the assumption that the investment is safe. If you tell your initial investors that they will be the first to get a return on investment you give them something to hold onto. This averts their reluctance and could get them to ink the deal.
Credits in the movie are a great way to get investors and for some reason, many investors want to see their name on the credits. The credit ‘executive producer’ is going to light up your investor’s eyes. It gives those bragging rights and recognition. As a filmmaker, you already know that the number of executive producers you have in your film doesn’t matter. It’s really a small price to pay. So there you have it, easy ways to make your investors say the two words you want to hear, “I’m in”.